As soon as we wrote last week that Tesla simultaneously raised the prices of all its cars in the United States, another increase took place. This time, the most popular models of their cars have risen in price – the junior Model 3 sedans and Model Y crossovers, which share the same platform.
New prices for the USA are already listed in the official online store of the company. All Model 3 configurations have risen in price by $ 1,000.
New prices for Tesla Model 3 in the USA (without any discounts)
- Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus… It used to be $ 43,990, now it is $ 44,990.
- Tesla Model 3 Long Range (AWD). It used to be $ 49,990, now it is $ 50,990.
- Tesla Model 3 Performance (AWD). It used to be $ 57,990, now it is $ 58,990.
New prices for Tesla Model Y
By analogy with the Model 3, prices for the Model Y have been adjusted – the compact crossover has become more expensive by $ 1,000.
- Tesla Model Y Long Range Dual Motor. It used to be $ 56,990, now it is $ 57,990.
- Tesla Model Y Performance. It used to be $ 61,990, now it is $ 62,990.
At the same time, the pricing for the Model 3 and Model Y color options: Solid Black is now priced at $ 500 – $ 1,500, and Midnight Silver Metallic is now a standard color at no extra cost, along with Pearl White Multi-Coat.
The vehicle prices have risen more than 20% since the beginning of the year. Here’s how the most popular models have risen in price:
- Model 3 (formerly SR +) – + $ 7K (from $ 37K to $ 45 thousand)
- Model Y Long Range – $ 8K (from $ 50K to $ 58 thousand)
- Model S Long Range – $ 15K (from $ 80K to $ 95 thousand)
- Model X Long Range – $ 15,000 (from $ 90,000 to 105 K)
The official reason for the rise in prices for the cars – interruptions in the supply of chips amid growing demand.
Meanwhile, Tesla quotes are breaking records. – over the week, the company’s capitalization increased from $ 1 trillion to $ 1.2 trillion. At the same time, Elon Musk’s fortune already exceeds the capital of Jeff Bezos and Bill Gates combined.
Elon Musk’s fortune reached almost 300 billion – the head of Tesla became the richest man in history