Last August, Samsung announced its own device support program, including at least three major updates to the Android operating system for the flagship t and Galaxy Note (and probably Fold) lines. The company has announced that it will support many devices with security patches for an additional fourth year.
The program includes devices from 2019 and newer. First, smartphones will receive monthly updates, then a transition to a quarterly release schedule is possible.
The list of devices that will receive security patches for four years is as follows:
- Folding devices: Fold, Fold 5G, Z Fold2, Z Fold2 5G, Z Flip, Z Flip 5G
- Galaxy S: S10, S10 +, S10e, S10 5G, S10 Lite, S20, S20 5G, S20 +, S20 + 5G, S20 Ultra, S20 Ultra 5G, S20 FE, S20 FE 5G, S21 5G, S21 + 5G, S21 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy Note: Note10, Note10 5G, Note10 +, Note10 + 5G, Note10 Lite, Note20, Note20 5G, Note20 Ultra, Note20 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy A: A10, A10e, A10s, A20, A20s, A30, A30s, A40, A50, A50s, A60, A70, A70s, A80, A90 5G, A11, A21, A21s, A31, A41, A51, A51 5G, A71, A71 5G , A02s, A12, A32 5G, A42 5G
- Galaxy M: M10s, M20, M30, M30s, M40, M11, M12, M21, M31, M31s, M51
- Galaxy XCover: XCover4s, XCover FieldPro, XCover Pro
- Galaxy Tab: Tab Active Pro, Tab Active3, Tab A 8 (2019), Tab A with S Pen, Tab A 8.4 (2020), Tab A7, Tab S5e, Tab S6, Tab S6 5G, Tab S6 Lite, Tab S7, Tab S7 +
It’s worth noting that Samsung has made significant progress in supporting its devices in recent times. While many manufacturers only offer two years of support, the Korean company now offers four. And the speed of releasing system updates has also increased. For example, Android 11 has already begun to receive smartphones of the middle price segment, and in total, it is planned to release an update for several dozen models.
A source: 9to5google